The security and privacy of your personal data is important to us. We respect the privacy rights of individuals and are committed to our obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (‘PDPA”).
As an assurance of our commitment to comply with the requirements of the PDPA, this Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out how BHG may from time to time collect, use and disclose your personal data.
What We Collect
In this Policy, “personal data” refers to any data and/or information about you from which you can be identified by, either (a) from that data or (b) from that data and other information to which we may have legitimate access to. Examples of such personal data include:-
- your name, date of birth, nationality, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number, mailing address, email address, gender, age, marital status and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any forms you may have submitted to us or in other forms of interaction with you;
- employment history, education background or income levels;
- information relating to payments such as your bank account number;
- purchase history; or
- such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Purpose for Collection, Use, Disclosure and Proceeding of Personal Data
The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, including the following:
- to facilitate your access and/or use of any of BHG’s website;
- To facilitate the daily administration and operation of BHG rewards card membership and respond to queries and feedback from our rewards card members;
- To process payment transactions for your purchases;
- To consider and/or process your application forms or other forms submitted to BHG relating to our goods and services;
- To assess your suitability and/or process your application for employment purposes;
- To verify and process your personal particulars and create or update applicant or card member profile for record purposes;
- To facilitate the promotional activities organized by BHG or held jointly with our business partners which you participate in;
- To provide you with updates, news, promotional and marketing messages and information in relation to our products and services;
- To carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations;
- To conduct market research, statistical analysis and development activities so as to measure customers’ needs and improve our services and facilities;
- To store, host or back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal data or carry out data processing, whether within or outside Singapore;
- Any other specific purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
In so far as you have provided your consent or when we are otherwise legally entitled to do so, we may also be disclosing the personal data you have provided to us to our authorised third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-stated purposes in the manner set forth in this Policy. However, we will ensure that they implement appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data and information. Personal data is only shared in connection with and in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
Right to Access And/Or Correction of Personal Data
You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession by submitting your request to us formally through the contact details indicated below. We will endeavour to respond to such requests within a reasonable time frame. We are entitled to reject among others, requests that are frivolous or vexatious or for information that is trivial. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or data correction request.
Withdraw of Consent
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by contacting us via www.bhgsingapore.com.sg or submitting your request to us at email@example.com.
Administration and Management of Personal Data
We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that all your personal data submitted to us is accurate, true and complete. However, this means that you must also update us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided us with.
We may adopt verification practices or processes such as asking you questions relating to your identity, checking against personal data in BHG’s possession and control or requesting that you furnish additional information.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data.
We will also put in place measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data and that retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
If you have any queries about our Personal Data Protection Policy or should you have any enquiry or feedback relating to your personal data, please contact BHG as follows:-
- Telephone number: +65 6223 2222
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’.
- Office address:
BHG (Singapore) Pte Ltd
100 Beach Road
#12-01/03 Shaw Tower,
Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time by posting the modifications on this page or at www.bhgsingapore.com.sg. Please check this page or www.bhgsingapore.com.sg regularly for any modifications. Any such modifications will be effective immediately and incorporated into this Policy.